You might be qualified for a post-graduation work permit(PGWP) if you have completed your graduation from a designated learning institution (DLI) and need to remain in Canada incidentally to work. Be that as it may, not the majority of the DLIs make you qualified for a post-graduation work permit.You need to check the rundown of DLIs given by the legislature of Canada on the web, so you will come to realize which school makes you qualified for the program.
How Long Does Your PGWP Valid ?
To what extent your PGWP is valid for relies upon the length of your study program. If your program was:
- under 8 months you aren’t qualified for a PGWP.
- Over 8 months however under 2 years your PGWP might be valid for up to a similar length as your study program (for instance, in the event that you finished a 9-month program, a work license might be issued for as long as 9 months)
- 2 years or more a PGWP might be issued for a long time.
- If you have finished more than one program, you might probably get a PGWP that consolidates the length of each program. For this, every one of the projects you finished must be:
- PGWP-qualified and in any event 8 months long.
- You can’t get a PGWP in the event that you previously had one subsequent to finishing a prior program of study.
Criteria For Applying A PGWP
After your school issues final result of your course,you will have 180 days to apply for post-graduation work permit.
To be qualified, your study permit probably been legitimate sooner or later during these 180 days.
You should likewise have:
- finished a study program at a
- designated learning institution
- that was in any event 8 months in length and
- that prompted a degree, recognition or certificate
- kept up full-time status as a student in Canada during every semester of your study program (with the exception of your last semester, which can be low maintenance, or if you withdrew from studies)
- completed study from :
- a public post-secondary school, for example, college, exchange/specialized school, or CEGEP (in Quebec), or
- private post-secondary school (in Quebec) that works under the same principles from government funded schools in Quebec, or
- private secondary or post-secondary school (in Quebec) that offers qualifying projects of 900 hours or more, that prompts à diplôme d’études professionnelles (DEP) or a confirmation de spécialisation professionnelle (ASP), or
- Canadian private school that can grant degrees under provincial law (for instance, Associate, Bachelor’s, Master’s or Doctorate qualification) yet just in case you’re selected an examination program that prompts a degree as approved by the province.
You Are Not Eligible For PGWP If You
- effectively got a post-graduation work grant
- examined English or French as a subsequent language
- took general intrigue or personal growth courses
- taken an interest in the Government of Canada Awards Program subsidized by Global Affairs Canada (GAC)
- had financing from GAC
- got the Equal Opportunity Scholarship, Canada-Chile
- taken an interest in the Canada-China Scholars Exchange Program
- taken an interest in the Organization of American States Fellowships Program
- finished most of an investigation program by separation learning (online courses, e-learning or correspondence)
- finished an investigation program at a non-Canadian establishment situated in Canada
How To Apply….
You can apply for a post-graduation work permit (PGWP) from inside Canada or abroad, as long as you meet the eligibility.If you plan on remaining in Canada and your study permit will terminate before you apply for a PGWP, you should change your status to a guest. You have as long as 90 days after your study permit lapses to reestablish your status or you’ll need to leave the nation.
Before you can apply for a PGWP, you’ll need:
- an official letter from your school that affirms you’ve finished your study program
- an official transcript, or a duplicate of your transcript from your school’s site
- The government may demand different documents based on the requirements after submitting your application.In most cases you have to give your biometric information like fingerprints and photos.
After all this information if you face any problem in getting your post-graduation work permit, Toronto Immigration Services will help you out in all possible ways.