What Super Visa Is About?
We all miss our parents if we are staying away from them. Super VISA gives you opportunities to bring your parents or grandparents with you.
Super VISA is a temporary resident permit that allows parents and grandparents to stay in Canada with their children for up to 2 years. It can be valid for up to 10 years. It is available as a multiple entry VISA as you can visit Canada multiple times until 10 years and can stay with your family for a maximum of two years.
From the launch in 2012 up to now, more than 89000 parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens and permanent residents have been awarded Canada Super Visa. From these, more than 36000 were Indians, followed by Chinese, Pakistanis, Philippines, and Bangladeshis.
Eligibility Criteria For Canada’s Super Visa:
For Applicant (Parents of PR):
As mentioned above only those people can apply for Super VISA whose children are Canada’s citizens. With this, they also have to fulfill the following requirements:
- An invitation letter from their children.
- A document to prove the relationship with the host by providing the following documents:
- Birth certificate of child or grandchild
- Baptismal Certificate
- or any other official certificate in which there is a name of parents
- Proof of any private medical insurance which is valid up to 1 year and must have the following essential:
- Validity up to or a minimum of one-year
- must be verified by a Canadian insurance company
- Coverage to health care, hospitalization, and repatriation
- must have a minimum coverage of $100,000,
- Validity for each entry to Canada; and
- Availability for review at the Canadian port of entry
The host must provide proof of his/her minimum income requirement and show that he is able to able to support their parents financially and also ready to take responsibility for them. Following are the documents that can be used for proof of funds:
- Bank Statements
- Employment insurance slip
- Employment letter with the date of hiring and salary
- Notice of Assessments
For more information about Canada Super Visa for parents and grandparents contact us at our toll-free number 833-883-1010.